Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Programming Drag Racing

Hey all~

I recently decided to start programming an online drag racing community. I am interested in making this the BEST site for virtual racing – I want to include such features as a new car dealership, a swap meet, parts shops, used parts shops, auction blocks, bank accounts for members, and others. Most of these things I can do by myself or with a few of my other friends. However, I will need help programming the game’s animation. I cannot do this myself. If you can be of any help, or you know someone who can, please respond to his message, message me, or email me at street_stalker_2002@hotmail.com
Thanks all for your help

Comments

• rohitprohitp Member Posts: 6
    HI ,
    If you want to do animations on HTML pages you should use JAVA or FLASH. As far as animation in C++ is conserned, I may help you if you could tell me what exatly you want to do. Like make the game or to add some features to the game.
    -rohit
  • hotsummerhotsummer Member Posts: 70
    : Hey all~
    :
    : I recently decided to start programming an online drag racing community. I am interested in making this the BEST site for virtual racing – I want to include such features as a new car dealership, a swap meet, parts shops, used parts shops, auction blocks, bank accounts for members, and others. Most of these things I can do by myself or with a few of my other friends. However, I will need help programming the game’s animation. I cannot do this myself. If you can be of any help, or you know someone who can, please respond to his message, message me, or email me at street_stalker_2002@hotmail.com
    : Thanks all for your help
    :
    :

What exactly do you mean by programming the game annimation? It sounds like you mean the game itself. I'm not sure if it's possible to create annimations in C++ for online gaming, but I can do it in Java using applets. The trick comes in intergrating Java applets with C++ applications. How do you think this could be done?

• iAMaBEANiAMaBEAN Member Posts: 2
    : Hey all~
    :
    : I recently decided to start programming an online drag racing community. I am interested in making this the BEST site for virtual racing – I want to include such features as a new car dealership, a swap meet, parts shops, used parts shops, auction blocks, bank accounts for members, and others. Most of these things I can do by myself or with a few of my other friends. However, I will need help programming the game’s animation. I cannot do this myself. If you can be of any help, or you know someone who can, please respond to his message, message me, or email me at street_stalker_2002@hotmail.com
    : Thanks all for your help

By "online game" I think he means something that is strictly multiplayer only. Something similar to Motor City Online. It kind of sounds a lot like Motor City Online, actually :) As far as the "animations", I'm pretty sure he's talking about the graphics in the game. I may be wrong, though.