Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Serial Port Communication

bpolikowskybpolikowsky Posts: 15Member
How do I communicate via the RS-232 Serial Ports in the Visual C++/MFC environment? I have experience with serial port communications libraries for C and with the MSComm ocx for Visual Basic. Are there any equivalents in the Visual C++ world. I found the ActivComport shareware via a search on this website. Anyone have any experience/comments on this software? Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• shinsnakeshinsnake Posts: 93Member
    : How do I communicate via the RS-232 Serial Ports in the Visual C++/MFC environment? I have experience with serial port communications libraries for C and with the MSComm ocx for Visual Basic. Are there any equivalents in the Visual C++ world. I found the ActivComport shareware via a search on this website. Anyone have any experience/comments on this software? Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    :

I bought the Visual C++ 6.0 Bible and on the CD included with the book was a class for serial port communication. It's real easy to use with such commands as serial.open(), serial.close(), etc... The only thing you won't get is the chapter on how to use it that's included in the book. If you wanted it and you gave me a couple of days, I could type up a readme file on how to use the commands. Just let me know.
  • QTMedicalQTMedical Posts: 88Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by the QTMedical at 2002-3-21 8:3:22[/red][/b][hr]
    This sounds a lot easier than what I currently use. What is the exact name of the book, who publishes it, and the author? I would like to buy it.

Fred

Is this it?

Visual C++ 6 Bible
    by Richard C. Leinecker, Tom Archer

• shinsnakeshinsnake Posts: 93Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by the QTMedical at 2002-3-21 8:3:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : This sounds a lot easier than what I currently use. What is the exact name of the book, who publishes it, and the author? I would like to buy it.
    :
    : Fred
    :
    : Is this it?
    :
    : Visual C++ 6 Bible
    : by Richard C. Leinecker, Tom Archer
    :
    :

Yes it is. Here is the link to Amazon.com, to see pictures, the index, etc...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764532286/qid=1016738151/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_7_1/002-1812025-4008050