Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Name Space Provider

omermo14omermo14 Member Posts: 8
I was going through opengl.org and i couldn't find the SDK to download, can someone give me the exact link? i'm using visual C++.

by the way, should i use opengl or directx? i only want the best, and support in all computers.

Comments

• iDaZeiDaZe Member Posts: 464
    : I was going through opengl.org and i couldn't find the SDK to download, can someone give me the exact link? i'm using visual C++.
    :
    : by the way, should i use opengl or directx? i only want the best, and support in all computers.
    :

Visual C++ already comes with the OpenGL headers, they're in a subdir called 'gl' I think, so it would be:
    #include gl/gl.h
    #inlcude gl/glu.h
    #inlcude gl/glaux.h

And as for the OpenGL vs DirectX thing well ... OpenGL is easier to learn, but is a bit more demanding of your Graphics hardware.
    When you mean all computers, do you mean cross-platform ? Because DirectX is Windows only, while OpenGl is supported on most Operating Systems (easy to port code, especially if you use a lot of 'standard c++').