Problem with mail notification? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem with mail notification?

[b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-3-21 14:7:12[/red][/b][hr]
Hi! I still like the new site! I hope you're not having too many things to fix. I do have another one, though.

I've not been getting e-mail notification of posts lately. Then today, I got a whole bunch of them, dating back to 3/6/2002.

I seem to recall that this happened once before, and it was fixed, but that was in the previous version of the site.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Last week I restarted the notification agent after it have been down since the 6'th of March.

Did you get all those messages today or did you receive them last week? (have you checked your email latley?)

All those messages was sent out last week, perhaps they have been "buffered" somewhere on the way to you?

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : Last week I restarted the notification agent after it have been down since the 6'th of March.
    :
    : Did you get all those messages today or did you receive them last week? (have you checked your email latley?)
    :
    : All those messages was sent out last week, perhaps they have been "buffered" somewhere on the way to you?
    :
    I did get all those messages on or about 3/20. I do check the mail often (many times per day), so it's unlikely I missed them. Odd that they came some time after you got the mail service running again. Maybe they were delayed or filtered by Hotmail? Who knows!

No big thing, since e-mail notificaiton is working again. I just wanted you to know it was down.

Thanks for checking.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]