Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Binary programming????

CleverKidCleverKid Posts: 8Member
How could you programm in binary numbers????
Do you need any software to do this(a compiler etc...) or what?
If anyone has some links or info I'd like to get a hint!

Thanks in advance!
-CleverKid

Comments

• jeffpostjeffpost Posts: 316Member
    : How could you programm in binary numbers????
    : Do you need any software to do this(a compiler etc...) or what?
    : If anyone has some links or info I'd like to get a hint!
    :
    : Thanks in advance!
    : -CleverKid
    :
    All programs are in binary numbers.

But I suspect that's not what you meant. Do you mean machine programming? I used to do that on a PDP-11 by entering binary codes on the front panel switches, but why on Earth would anyone want to do that now?

• BenGreenBenGreen Posts: 7Member
    :
    :

The first programmable computer the BABY built at the Universith of Manchester in England had its 50th birthday in 1998 and a simulator for programming its 1024 BIT! programme memory has been written. With this simulator you can programme the BABY in 1's and 0's for more information please visit www.computer50.org.

I hope this is of help for you.
  • jeffpostjeffpost Posts: 316Member

:
    : The first programmable computer the BABY built at the Universith of Manchester in England had its 50th birthday in 1998 and a simulator for programming its 1024 BIT! programme memory has been written. With this simulator you can programme the BABY in 1's and 0's for more information please visit www.computer50.org.
    :
    To download the simulator, go to www.cs.man.ac.uk/CCS/ccs_arc4.htm

• Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    If your still interested, binary numbers are used to store code in a way that can be executed by the computer's processor. This code is called machine code.
    In the 40's and 50's people programmed with binary code on punch cards but the assembly language was created. Each assembly statement coresponds to a few bytes of machine code. Assembly is much easier to use than machine code. After the invention of assembly, high-level languages were created, which made it faster and easier still to program. The stressful and teadious work of creating machine code is left to the assemblers and compilers.
    I don't know why you would want to program in binary numbers but you can. I have done just for the fun of knowing that I made a program with numbers. All you need is to store the numbers in memory somewhere. If you want to execute the code, just use a jump instruction in assembly. This will cause the processor to start loading the numbers like they are part of your program. Just be careful
    about what numbers you use because this can cause problems.

:
    :