Trouble Accessing FoxPro table - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Trouble Accessing FoxPro table

Slydog42Slydog42 Posts: 30Member
Hi, here is my situation. There is a FoxPro file that is treated as a single table, within a directory f:
tdata. I have created an SQL component sqlGetUsers, given it a database name of f:
tdata, and a table name of SECURITY (corresponding to the file SECURITY.DBF). I need to match against two fields in SECURITY, User_Name and Password. The SQL I create looks like this:

"SELECT * FROM SECURITY WHERE User_Name = 'RUSTY' AND Password = 'RUSTY'"

There error I get back when I open this SQL is "Invalid use of reserved word 'Password' line 1". If I remove the Password portion of the statement, everything works fine.

So apparently, for the FoxPro driver that translates my Delphi created SQL statement, Password is a reserved word that cannot be used as a field. The only problem is, I have no control over the FoxPro tables/files themselves, they are public at the place I work, I can only retrieve information. I guess my question is, is there a different way to describe these fields in Delphi SQL? Is there any way to ask for, say, field 4 within the SQL statement itself?

I have tried this:

"SELECT * FROM SECURITY WHERE SECURITY.User_Name = 'RUSTY' AND SECURITY.Password = 'RUSTY'"

and this does not work. I have also used parameters like so:

"SELECT * FROM SECURITY WHERE User_Name = :UserName AND Password = :Password"
(and then have filled in the parameters before opening the SQL.)

This does not work either. Can anyone help here?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Rusty

Comments

• cycordcycord Posts: 148Member

: "SELECT * FROM SECURITY WHERE User_Name = 'RUSTY' AND Password = 'RUSTY'"

: There error I get back when I open this SQL is "Invalid use of reserved word 'Password' line 1".
    try changing SECURITY to VSECURITY then ask again if doesnt work