Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Uploading a doc and coverting it as HTML

hi ,

I am ravi.
I am working on ASP.

I got a task where the client can upload a word doc
and then take that file save and covert it to html.

Can any help me in solving the problem

bye
Ravi

Comments

• bagles1bagles1 Posts: 54Member
    Well ravi, I only have a couple of recommendations for you. 1) Make it a business rule that the user has to upload an html file, since the user can do that from Word anyway. 2) Talk to your company about looking into third party software components as there are items out there that already do that. 3) Immediately ask for an extension on your deadline. The reason I say this is because the task at hand would be very time consuming, tedious, and not to mention bug ridden. Factor in development time, testing, fixing, testing, deployment and you have way too much time and money vested in this one. Some things just don't make sense to do from the business aspect of it. Good luck!

-Bagles1

: hi ,
    :
    : I am ravi.
    : I am working on ASP.
    :
    : I got a task where the client can upload a word doc
    : and then take that file save and covert it to html.
    :
    : Can any help me in solving the problem
    :
    : bye
    : Ravi
    :
    :