Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Create folder shares

Hi!
Not a complete beginner, but lack low-level windows knowledge.
I need to create folder shares when my program first intializes. Is there a Windows function to do this? Nothing in Delphi help. I know you can also create the registry entries, but how do you make windows update the shell(?) so that the new registry share entries are recognised.

Easy enough to do manually i.e. from any folders right-click, sharing menu!
I have searched extensively but found nothing on this subject.
Thanks anyone!
Mike

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi!
    : Not a complete beginner, but lack low-level windows knowledge.
    : I need to create folder shares when my program first intializes. Is there a Windows function to do this? Nothing in Delphi help. I know you can also create the registry entries, but how do you make windows update the shell(?) so that the new registry share entries are recognised.
    :
    : Easy enough to do manually i.e. from any folders right-click, sharing menu!
    : I have searched extensively but found nothing on this subject.
    : Thanks anyone!
    : Mike
    :
    :
    Yes, it is possible. Delphi 4+ can access the shell directly using interfaces, but the problem is to find the correct interface method to call, since these are very poorly described by microsoft (possibly the understatement of the year). You might be lucky in finding a reference in the knowledge-base at the microsoft homepage, but it is very difficult to find there what you need.
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_________ { http://forcoder.org } free ebooks and video tutorials about // PL/SQL PHP Swift C++ Java R Assembly Objective-C Scratch Go Delphi C# Visual Basic .NET Python Ruby MATLAB Visual Basic C Perl JavaScript VBScript Scala Prolog Dart Alice Erlang Apex Kotlin Fortran Rust Hack F# SAS FoxPro Lisp Scheme ML Crystal LabVIEW Julia Clojure Awk Bash D Transact-SQL ABAP COBOL Lua Ada Logo // ______