Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

RUN IN BACKGROUND

ruschrusch Member Posts: 2
how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?

Comments

• alan_pollockalan_pollock Member Posts: 110
    Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.

Alan

: how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    :

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.
    :
    : Alan
    :
    :
    : : how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    : :
    :
    :

In Win9x, it's under Misc - Background. Uncheck "Always Suspend". Perhaps it's similar in XP...
  • ruschrusch Member Posts: 2
    : : Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.
    : : Alan
    : : : how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    : : :
    :
    : In Win9x, it's under Misc - Background. Uncheck "Always Suspend". Perhaps it's similar in XP...
    :

tried that already.. ;) doesn't do anything.. : i've checked it.. but it still opens up normally.. same thing with window options.. i've set it to start up minimized, doesn't obey that either.. : anyways.. i figured the only way to get it to work is to run it as a service.. but that is a PAIN in the *beep* in winxp.. : so i dunno.. i'll just keep workin on it i guess.. : thanks tho..

(( rusch :.

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : : : Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.
    : : : Alan
    : : : : how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    : : : :
    : : In Win9x, it's under Misc - Background. Uncheck "Always Suspend". Perhaps it's similar in XP...
    :
    : tried that already.. ;) doesn't do anything.. : i've checked it.. but it still opens up normally.. same thing with window options.. i've set it to start up minimized, doesn't obey that either.. : anyways.. i figured the only way to get it to work is to run it as a service.. but that is a PAIN in the *beep* in winxp.. : so i dunno.. i'll just keep workin on it i guess.. : thanks tho..
    :
    : (( rusch :.
    :
    :

One last thought:

Find the pif file for this program. See if the changes are indeed being made. Launch it from the pif file if you aren't.

Good luck!
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_______ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about / C++, Visual Basic, C#, Assembly, Visual Basic .NET, JavaScript, PHP, R, Ruby, MATLAB, PL/SQL, Objective-C, Delphi, Java, Swift, C, Go, Python, Scratch, Perl COBOL, Lua, SAS, Logo, Fortran, Erlang, Alice, ML, Ada, Crystal, FoxPro, Clojure, Scala, F#, VBScript, Lisp, Kotlin, Julia, Apex, ABAP, Dart, Awk, Rust, LabVIEW, Hack, Transact-SQL, Bash, D, Scheme, Prolog / ___________