RUN IN BACKGROUND

how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?

Comments

• Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.

Alan

: how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    :

• : Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.
    :
    : Alan
    :
    :
    : : how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    : :
    :
    :

In Win9x, it's under Misc - Background. Uncheck "Always Suspend". Perhaps it's similar in XP...
  • : : Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.
    : : Alan
    : : : how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    : : :
    :
    : In Win9x, it's under Misc - Background. Uncheck "Always Suspend". Perhaps it's similar in XP...
    :

tried that already.. ;) doesn't do anything.. : i've checked it.. but it still opens up normally.. same thing with window options.. i've set it to start up minimized, doesn't obey that either.. : anyways.. i figured the only way to get it to work is to run it as a service.. but that is a PAIN in the *beep* in winxp.. : so i dunno.. i'll just keep workin on it i guess.. : thanks tho..

(( rusch :.

• : : : Hummm... I'm not sure about XP because I don't use it. In Win98SE and previous versions, making a task execute in the background (while minimized) is a matter of setting Properties (either the EXE or the Win PIF file associated with it). Check the XP docs on setting Properties.
    : : : Alan
    : : : : how do i get a qbasic compiled application to run the in the background of windows xp, and still be active..?
    : : : :
    : : In Win9x, it's under Misc - Background. Uncheck "Always Suspend". Perhaps it's similar in XP...
    :
    : tried that already.. ;) doesn't do anything.. : i've checked it.. but it still opens up normally.. same thing with window options.. i've set it to start up minimized, doesn't obey that either.. : anyways.. i figured the only way to get it to work is to run it as a service.. but that is a PAIN in the *beep* in winxp.. : so i dunno.. i'll just keep workin on it i guess.. : thanks tho..
    :
    : (( rusch :.
    :
    :

One last thought:

Find the pif file for this program. See if the changes are indeed being made. Launch it from the pif file if you aren't.

Good luck!