QBASIC - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

QBASIC

PrzemekG_PrzemekG_ Posts: 595Member
I'm working on QB2MR (Qbasic To MoonRock) translator.
You will be also able to use inline assembler, pointers and TYPE of pointers. The output EXE would be much SMALLer and FASTer than QB's EXE.

The problem is MoonRock is only in 0.50 version, it's means it's not finished, so to translate QB to MR is very dificult, MR support only arrays with one index, a(200), QB can do a(10,10,10,10,10), but I know how to ranslate a(10,10,10,10) to a(x). Can't make TYPEs arrays, but I know how to handle it.

There are many things like those listed above, possible to handle but dificult to program so I'm asking if someone could help me.

Comments

• compuchipcompuchip Posts: 273Member
    You just make an array a(10*10*10*10*10*10)
    Example:
    [code]
    QB MR
    a(3, 2) a(3*2) = a(6)

{ 11 , 12 } { 11, 12, 21, 22, 31, 32 }
    { 21 , 22 }
    { 31 , 32 }
    [/code]
    Is that what you meant? This is a possible solution, only you have to remember wheather you made it {11, 12, 21, 22, 31, 32} or {11, 21, 31, 12, 22, 32}
    Be creative, then you will find solutions for everything!

: I'm working on QB2MR (Qbasic To MoonRock) translator.
    : You will be also able to use inline assembler, pointers and TYPE of pointers. The output EXE would be much SMALLer and FASTer than QB's EXE.
    :
    : The problem is MoonRock is only in 0.50 version, it's means it's not finished, so to translate QB to MR is very dificult, MR support only arrays with one index, a(200), QB can do a(10,10,10,10,10), but I know how to ranslate a(10,10,10,10) to a(x). Can't make TYPEs arrays, but I know how to handle it.
    :
    : There are many things like those listed above, possible to handle but dificult to program so I'm asking if someone could help me.
    :

• PrzemekG_PrzemekG_ Posts: 595Member
    I know, I wrote that I've solve that one. The only problem is I stoped this project because I started to write my own compiler.