Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Information about Midi ports

mdbhardwajmdbhardwaj Member Posts: 1
I have done some programming in MIDI using C. I send some data to port 0x0331 and this seems to enable the port 0x0330 where the actual MIDI data bytes are sent which produce the sound.

But this is restricted to only a few sound cards(like Creative Vibra 128). I would like to know how to program it for all sound cards i.e. how to initialize the MIDI port and I would also like to know if the MIDI port numbers 0x0330 and 0x0331 are a standard or is there some change and if there is some change how to get the actual port numbers.

Comments

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

________ < http://forcoder.org /> free video tutorials and ebooks about ( Perl, Scratch, Ruby, PHP, JavaScript, Python, Visual Basic, R, Delphi, Go, PL/SQL, C#, Swift, Java, Objective-C, C, Visual Basic .NET, MATLAB, Assembly, C++ VBScript, Scala, Kotlin, SAS, ABAP, COBOL, Crystal, Rust, Clojure, Erlang, Julia, Logo, Hack, Bash, D, F#, Fortran, Transact-SQL, Lua, Scheme, Apex, Alice, Prolog, Dart, ML, Ada, Awk, Lisp, LabVIEW, FoxPro ) ______________