Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Visual Studio C++6 question.

ngabordhngabordh Member Posts: 13
Hi.

Can i copy one of my existin procect`s settings (compiler options, code generation options...etc) to a newly created project? Or do i always have to set these settings every time, when i make a new project?

thanks.

Comments

• pingpongpingpong Member Posts: 937
    Hello.

I dont know of any good and clean way to do this. But what I almost always do in this case is to copy the DSP file over to my new project folder, open it in VC++ as text (VC++ is a wonderful text editor), search and replace the old project name with the new one, close, open again in VC++ as auto this time, from the IDE I go to FileView and remove all the files in the project then start to add mine.

I know this is a hassle but it only takes 2 mins and gets the job done.

: Hi.
    :
    : Can i copy one of my existin procect`s settings (compiler options, code generation options...etc) to a newly created project? Or do i always have to set these settings every time, when i make a new project?
    :
    : thanks.
    :

• ngabordhngabordh Member Posts: 13
    Ok. Thank you. If that is there`s no better way to do this, I think i will follow your advice.

best regards.

: Hello.
    :
    : I dont know of any good and clean way to do this. But what I almost always do in this case is to copy the DSP file over to my new project folder, open it in VC++ as text (VC++ is a wonderful text editor), search and replace the old project name with the new one, close, open again in VC++ as auto this time, from the IDE I go to FileView and remove all the files in the project then start to add mine.
    :
    : I know this is a hassle but it only takes 2 mins and gets the job done.
    :
    : : Hi.
    : :
    : : Can i copy one of my existin procect`s settings (compiler options, code generation options...etc) to a newly created project? Or do i always have to set these settings every time, when i make a new project?
    : : thanks.
    :
    :