Just a couple of little things... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Just a couple of little things...

First, though. The new PH is great. I'm getting used to it, and you're adding or modifying most of the little PITAs that have cropped up. I don't know how you have the time to do all this - and maintain your gracious personna.

Now (having been sufficiently complimented!) here's a couple more:

The "My Favorite Boards" page says that the messageboards with new posts are supposed to be bold. None are. (I'm using IE 5.50 128-bit)

I was just in the VB board, looking at posts, and seeing the color of what I'd just read change to red from blue. Then I posted a new message. When I was done with the post, all that I had read was blue again. I went out to my Favorites page, re-entered the VB forum, and the ones I had read were again marked in red!

Thanks again for your attention to all of our comments, and your willingness to put all the effort into it!

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member

Hi

>>: The "My Favorite Boards" page says that the messageboards with new >>posts are supposed to be bold. None are. (I'm using IE 5.50 128-bit)

I just logged in using your account and there was some boards that were
    "bolded" (algorithms, Visual Basic...) , so please try that again.

You are talking about this page ?
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/community/MsgBoard/sublist.asp?mode=fa&Setting=

Right?

:

>>>: I was just in the VB board, looking at posts, and seeing the color >>of what I'd just read change to red from blue. Then I posted a new message. When I was done with the post, all that I had read was blue again. I went out to my Favorites page, re-entered the VB forum, and the ones I had read were again marked in red!
    :
    '

That is a browser thing that keeps track of what link you have visited and not visited and color's them there after. Its nothing that I do. I think the problem is that the URL of the message-list page changes, for example after posting a message, the URL changes slightly, and then the browser will see that as a brand new page and unmarks all the colors.

So that's something that you have to live with.

Thanks for your feedback.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-3-4 9:14:10[/red][/b][hr]
    Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I've only seen the headings in bold one time. I'm not sure why my browser won't display them properly.

I just tried again, and no bold...No big deal, it must be something going on here.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-3-4 9:14:10[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi! Thanks for the reply.
    :
    : I've only seen the headings in bold one time. I'm not sure why my browser won't display them properly.
    :
    : I just tried again, and no bold...No big deal, it must be something going on here.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [purple]Melissa[/purple]
    :

I've wondered that myself. I get bold links sometimes but not all of the changed boards will be bold. I've just gotten used to checking all of them.
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Do you still see this problem? I just fixed a bug today with the dates.

It perhaps can help the bold bug?

:
    : I've wondered that myself. I get bold links sometimes but not all of the changed boards will be bold. I've just gotten used to checking all of them.
    :

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : Do you still see this problem? I just fixed a bug today with the dates.
    :
    : It perhaps can help the bold bug?
    :

Looks like it might have. The only board that had changed but wasn't bold was the VB board. Since bolding is since last login (?), I might have logged in without looking at that board last time. I'll keep an eye on it.