BASIC for UNIX SCO 2.3 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

BASIC for UNIX SCO 2.3

carvalcarval Posts: 4Member
I everybody! I'm new here... I'm an BASIC fan, since GWBASIC for DOS, until VB6. Now I'm working on a server with UNIX SCO 2.3 and I need to do some programs, but I don't like the C language. So I'm seraching for anyone who know where can I get some kind of BASIC for UNIX, with the source code, because I don't know wich kernel dows me server has. I had tried pbasic 2.0 and yabasic, but I din't success... So if someone ca help me i would preciate...

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-2-27 16:45:39[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-2-27 16:45:18[/red][/b][hr]
    Hi!

I haven't tried it, but here's one, with source:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/x11-basic/

Here's a link to a page with dozens of versions of BASIC, many for Unix.
    http://www.rahul.net/rhn/basic/

BTW, YABASIC has source code. Didn't that work for you?

Funny, I've been using SCO UNIX for years, and never tried BASIC on it...

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• carvalcarval Posts: 4Member
    Tanks a lot Melissa! I hope I can help you in anything you need/want. By the way, since you have using SCO UNIX, we can swap things, like tips, etc. I use UNIX because of Oracle.

Tanks again!

: [b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-2-27 16:45:39[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by the melissa_may1 at 2002-2-27 16:45:18[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi!
    :
    : I haven't tried it, but here's one, with source:
    : http://sourceforge.net/projects/x11-basic/
    :
    : Here's a link to a page with dozens of versions of BASIC, many for Unix.
    : http://www.rahul.net/rhn/basic/
    :
    :
    : BTW, YABASIC has source code. Didn't that work for you?
    :
    : Funny, I've been using SCO UNIX for years, and never tried BASIC on it...
    :
    :
    : [purple]Melissa[/purple]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

Glad to help, carval. If you need any help with SCO Unix, let me know. In the many years I've been supporting SCO (I started with XENIX on floppies!), I've pretty-much seen it all.

So if there's anything you need, just ask!

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• carvalcarval Posts: 4Member
    Thanks again! By the way! Do you know some software/driver, to make a DOS/Windows to UNIX connection, like a maped drive? I have a program running on an old PC with MS-DOS 6.22. This program needs to get and put files on an UNIX server. I know that is possible to use text files containing data to UNIX or to DOS, via FTP. But I'm seeking for something more easy in all the ways... Just to be more explicity. The program on the PC is a post of sales (in my store), I've the articles, custumers, etc. on the UNIX server using Oracle. So if you understand me. I need de POS to have direct communication with the backoffice (UNIX).
    I'll be waiting for your help, if you can!... thank one more time!

: Glad to help, carval. If you need any help with SCO Unix, let me know. In the many years I've been supporting SCO (I started with XENIX on floppies!), I've pretty-much seen it all.
    :
    : So if there's anything you need, just ask!
    :
    :
    :
    : [purple]Melissa[/purple]
    :
    :

Let's move this discussion to: Operating Systems & Platforms, Unix/Linux

I'll post your question there, and my reply!

: Thanks again! By the way! Do you know some software/driver, to make a DOS/Windows to UNIX connection, like a maped drive? I have a program running on an old PC with MS-DOS 6.22. This program needs to get and put files on an UNIX server. I know that is possible to use text files containing data to UNIX or to DOS, via FTP. But I'm seeking for something more easy in all the ways... Just to be more explicity. The program on the PC is a post of sales (in my store), I've the articles, custumers, etc. on the UNIX server using Oracle. So if you understand me. I need de POS to have direct communication with the backoffice (UNIX).
    : I'll be waiting for your help, if you can!... thank one more time!
    :
    :
    :
    : : Glad to help, carval. If you need any help with SCO Unix, let me know. In the many years I've been supporting SCO (I started with XENIX on floppies!), I've pretty-much seen it all.
    : :
    : : So if there's anything you need, just ask!
    : : [purple]Melissa[/purple]
    :
    :
    :
    :

[purple]Melissa[/purple]