Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Got a problem whit my internet on linux red hat 7.2!!

selixselix Member Posts: 3
I have problem whit connecting to my adsl on linux!
I think it is my netvork card that dosent work..(smc ez card 10/100 (smc1211tx)).....how do you install it in linux? i can give you some information if you need it: my proxy is: proxy1.telia.com.....the proxys that shell not be used as proxys is login1.telia.com and 10.0.0.6
when i try to log in to the login1.telia.com it says: proxy1.telia.com can not be bla bla.....
any help would be great!! i really need it!

//Selix

Comments

• garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    [b][red]This message was edited by the Moderator at 2002-2-26 8:19:3[/red][/b][hr]
    First thing I would try would be to ping an IP address
    try:
    ping 63.229.91.35 #programmersheaven

if the ping receives replies then the problem is with your dns settings

Also, you might want to try ifconfig to see what your network settings are for eth0 or whatever ethernet connection is with your DSL modem.

Ben Martin :-D
    programmer

• selixselix Member Posts: 3
    I will try....thx!
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_____ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about { C, Go, Java, Scratch, Assembly, PL/SQL, C++, PHP, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic, R, Swift, JavaScript, Python, C#, MATLAB, Ruby, Delphi, Objective-C Lisp, VBScript, Bash, Hack, Fortran, Scala, D, Logo, Crystal, Rust, Awk, Transact-SQL, Prolog, Scheme, SAS, LabVIEW, Clojure, Apex, COBOL, Kotlin, Julia, Erlang, Ada, Lua, F#, ML, FoxPro, Dart, Alice, ABAP } ________