Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Validation of cells in a grid

Hi

I need to validate cells in a grid so for example, in the first column, the user must enter an 8 digit number. If the user enters something else (like 'abc' for example) I want to show an error message or if the user enters '123' - ie. only 3digits long an error message appears when the user tabs along to the next cell. Does that make sense? I can't really find anyway to do it! HELP!!

Amy

Comments

• cycordcycord Posts: 148Member
    : Hi
    :
    : I need to validate cells in a grid so for example, in the first column, the user must enter an 8 digit number. If the user enters something else (like 'abc' for example) I want to show an error message or if the user enters '123' - ie. only 3digits long an error message appears when the user tabs along to the next cell. Does that make sense? I can't really find anyway to do it! HELP!!
    :
    : Amy
    :
    im not sure if this what you need but you can try this,,, click the table component twice then add all fields,,, on the field you want to validate choose EditMask then put the format template you want or on the OnChange property try validating the field to your choice