Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Firewall issues on redhat linux 7.1

garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
I have a new server that I'm almost ready to connect to the 'net, and I've been looking at the firewall that is included. Having no experiance working with firewalls before I'm asking for suggestions as to how this should be set up, or if it would even be useful.

My server is running redhat linnux 7.1
servers that are to be run on this machine include
webmin
BIND
apache
pop3
ftp
telnet
mysql or postgres (haven't entirely decided yet)
Ben Martin :-D
programmer

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    ipchains ??
    I beleive 2.4.x has something which replaces ipchains. If that is better you should implement that.

: I have a new server that I'm almost ready to connect to the 'net, and I've been looking at the firewall that is included. Having no experiance working with firewalls before I'm asking for suggestions as to how this should be set up, or if it would even be useful.
    :
    : My server is running redhat linnux 7.1
    : servers that are to be run on this machine include
    : webmin
    : BIND
    : apache
    : pop3
    : ftp
    : telnet
    : mysql or postgres (haven't entirely decided yet)
    : Ben Martin :-D
    : programmer
    :
    :

• Jeff P.Jeff P. Member Posts: 196
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_________ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about [ Scratch PL/SQL Assembly Swift Java Perl Visual Basic R PHP Visual Basic .NET Go C C# Objective-C MATLAB C++ Ruby Python JavaScript Delphi Scheme Alice Crystal Rust Erlang Hack Prolog Ada Lua Julia FoxPro Fortran Transact-SQL Logo VBScript Awk ML ABAP LabVIEW Lisp D F# COBOL Apex SAS Dart Bash Kotlin Scala Clojure ] ______________