Installing DB driver - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Installing DB driver

grand_nagusgrand_nagus Posts: 6Member
Hi,

I am not quite sure whether this is the appropriate place to ask. Anyway, I have a pc running Windows 2000. I installed MySQL, Apache 1.3, and Perl 5.6.1. My pc does not have a modem installed intentionally. So I was wondering if anyone can help me and show me how to install a DB:MySQL driver using ppm to my pc without having to hook a modem and go online? I rather would not download the source files and compile it manually.

Thank you.

- Aj

Comments

• gsfgsf Posts: 2Member
    What?!?!?

You want package DBI and DBD-Mysql for Perl and don't want to go online to get it. That makes no freaking sense at all. PPM won't work without a connection. It downloads it's packages from CPAN. DBI and DBD-MySQL come precompiled (if any compiling is needed at all) if you're using Activestate perl. Get with the program and RTFM.

: Hi,
    :
    : I am not quite sure whether this is the appropriate place to ask. Anyway, I have a pc running Windows 2000. I installed MySQL, Apache 1.3, and Perl 5.6.1. My pc does not have a modem installed intentionally. So I was wondering if anyone can help me and show me how to install a DB:MySQL driver using ppm to my pc without having to hook a modem and go online? I rather would not download the source files and compile it manually.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    : - Aj
    :