Installing DB driver - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Installing DB driver

grand_nagusgrand_nagus Posts: 6Member
Hi,

I am not quite sure whether this is the appropriate place to ask. Anyway, I have a pc running Windows 2000. I installed MySQL, Apache 1.3, and Perl 5.6.1. My pc does not have a modem installed intentionally. So I was wondering if anyone can help me and show me how to install a DB:MySQL driver using ppm to my pc without having to hook a modem and go online? I rather would not download the source files and compile it manually.

Thank you.

- Aj

Comments

• gsfgsf Posts: 2Member
    What?!?!?

You want package DBI and DBD-Mysql for Perl and don't want to go online to get it. That makes no freaking sense at all. PPM won't work without a connection. It downloads it's packages from CPAN. DBI and DBD-MySQL come precompiled (if any compiling is needed at all) if you're using Activestate perl. Get with the program and RTFM.

: Hi,
    :
    : I am not quite sure whether this is the appropriate place to ask. Anyway, I have a pc running Windows 2000. I installed MySQL, Apache 1.3, and Perl 5.6.1. My pc does not have a modem installed intentionally. So I was wondering if anyone can help me and show me how to install a DB:MySQL driver using ppm to my pc without having to hook a modem and go online? I rather would not download the source files and compile it manually.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    : - Aj
    :