Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Advice Please.

I have to write a program with these functions included in it,,,but not sure how to describe the fuctions declarations in terms of the value and argument list used.

i) Void my_func(void);

ii) int main(int argc, char *argv[]);

iii) long *all_long(int num, int i[20]);

iv) void many_args(char *s, int i[], double f);

v) FILE *file_func(char *fn[], char *m[],int num);

Can some body tell me what these functions Do please.

Comments

• DaRK_InSTaLLDaRK_InSTaLL Member Posts: 5
    It's a bit hard to say because they are only names of functions whith could mean anything, but its got something to do with files and arquments, maybe an expert can help you more.
  • speedsterspeedster Member Posts: 6
    : It's a bit hard to say because they are only names of functions whith could mean anything, but its got something to do with files and arquments, maybe an expert can help you more.
    :
    Is there an exprert here ???? PLEASE!!!!
  • jeffpostjeffpost Member Posts: 316
    : : It's a bit hard to say because they are only names of functions whith could mean anything, but its got something to do with files and arquments, maybe an expert can help you more.
    : :
    : Is there an exprert here ???? PLEASE!!!!
    :

There are lots of experts here. Ask an intelligent question and you'll get an intelligent reply.

• Eric TetzEric Tetz Member Posts: 2,141
    : i) Void my_func(void);
    :
    : ii) int main(int argc, char *argv[]);
    :
    : iii) long *all_long(int num, int i[20]);
    :
    : iv) void many_args(char *s, int i[], double f);
    :
    : v) FILE *file_func(char *fn[], char *m[],int num);
    :
    : Can some body tell me what these functions Do please.

i) This function should call 'all_long'

ii) This is the [italic]entry point[/italic] function. This is the first function called in a C or C++ program. This function should call 'my_func'.

iii) The function should call 'many_args'.

iv) This function should contain a 'while(true)' loop that calls calls 'file_func' an indefinite number of times.

v) This function should transfer $1 dollar to the following Wells Fargo bank account: 0407-717443, routing transit number: 122101195.

Cheers,
    Eric

• weiccoweicco Member Posts: 950
    Let's make some wild guesses...

: i) Void my_func(void);

Does absolutely nothing.

: ii) int main(int argc, char *argv[]);

Main entry point for program.

: iii) long *all_long(int num, int i[20]);

Argument num is size of integer table i and function sums all values in table returns result as long.

: iv) void many_args(char *s, int i[], double f);

Hmmm...

: v) FILE *file_func(char *fn[], char *m[],int num);

This looks like it opens file. Argument fn is FileName, m is open mode (read/write/append) but what num is... dunno.

Okay, these are just guesses. You cannot know what function do if you only see it's prototype.