Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Favorites? Scope? Last login? Changed?

This is just wierd. I have 7 boards in my favorites list. When I view the list on my favorites page, 4 have x's to remove them from the list, the others don't. Those that do will show up when I view by the scope "favorites" (assuming all 7 have changed), the others won't. None seem to show up reliably using "changed since last login". Sometimes the list looks right, sometimes it shows no messages. This is 15 seconds after I just changed (replied to) a message. Occasionally, simply refreshing the view will fix it. The "bold if changed since last login" idea also doesn't appear to work properly though it could be due to the "changed since last login" problem.

Boards that have x's:
Jobs Available
Jobs Wanted
Comments On This Site
QBasic

Boards that don't:
VB
jwcsltd
meatte

The last two are obviously private boards, maybe that has something to do with it...

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : This is just wierd. I have 7 boards in my favorites list. When I view the list on my favorites page, 4 have x's to remove them from the list, the others don't. Those that do will show up when I view by the scope "favorites" (assuming all 7 have changed), the others won't. None seem to show up reliably using "changed since last login". Sometimes the list looks right, sometimes it shows no messages. This is 15 seconds after I just changed (replied to) a message. Occasionally, simply refreshing the view will fix it. The "bold if changed since last login" idea also doesn't appear to work properly though it could be due to the "changed since last login" problem.
    :
    : Boards that have x's:
    : Jobs Available
    : Jobs Wanted
    : Comments On This Site
    : QBasic
    :
    : Boards that don't:
    : VB
    : jwcsltd
    : meatte
    :
    : The last two are obviously private boards, maybe that has something to do with it...
    :

Looks like garwain and others have already mentioned much of this. I still had it on "changed since last login" and hadn't yet switched to "changed within the last day" so I didn't see those messages. (last login was 26 hours ago).

Sorry about the repeats...
  • garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    I have the same "problem" with not having a toggel for the linux board and the ACCPAC board, and I assume the logic is that these are boards for which I'm the moderator, so they are always my favorits.

as for the 2 bugs with the favorits and changed since last post I have found these to be inconsistant. At work I never see my favorits when I load the favorit boards page but I see it once in a while from home. The bold board names I have seen from time to time, but I've been seeing several new posts in boards like the delphi board and the linux board without the board name being in bold for my favorits list.

Last of all, when I view a board for messages posted / replied to since last login, I see posts that have not changed for a day or 2

Ben

: This is just wierd. I have 7 boards in my favorites list. When I view the list on my favorites page, 4 have x's to remove them from the list, the others don't. Those that do will show up when I view by the scope "favorites" (assuming all 7 have changed), the others won't. None seem to show up reliably using "changed since last login". Sometimes the list looks right, sometimes it shows no messages. This is 15 seconds after I just changed (replied to) a message. Occasionally, simply refreshing the view will fix it. The "bold if changed since last login" idea also doesn't appear to work properly though it could be due to the "changed since last login" problem.
    :
    : Boards that have x's:
    : Jobs Available
    : Jobs Wanted
    : Comments On This Site
    : QBasic
    :
    : Boards that don't:
    : VB
    : jwcsltd
    : meatte
    :
    : The last two are obviously private boards, maybe that has something to do with it...
    :

Ben Martin :-D
    programmer

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    We seem to be experiencing pretty much identical problems. Seems that a date/time comparison routine is buggy...?

: I have the same "problem" with not having a toggel for the linux board and the ACCPAC board, and I assume the logic is that these are boards for which I'm the moderator, so they are always my favorits.
    :
    : as for the 2 bugs with the favorits and changed since last post I have found these to be inconsistant. At work I never see my favorits when I load the favorit boards page but I see it once in a while from home. The bold board names I have seen from time to time, but I've been seeing several new posts in boards like the delphi board and the linux board without the board name being in bold for my favorits list.
    :
    : Last of all, when I view a board for messages posted / replied to since last login, I see posts that have not changed for a day or 2
    :
    : Ben
    :
    : : This is just wierd. I have 7 boards in my favorites list. When I view the list on my favorites page, 4 have x's to remove them from the list, the others don't. Those that do will show up when I view by the scope "favorites" (assuming all 7 have changed), the others won't. None seem to show up reliably using "changed since last login". Sometimes the list looks right, sometimes it shows no messages. This is 15 seconds after I just changed (replied to) a message. Occasionally, simply refreshing the view will fix it. The "bold if changed since last login" idea also doesn't appear to work properly though it could be due to the "changed since last login" problem.
    : :
    : : Boards that have x's:
    : : Jobs Available
    : : Jobs Wanted
    : : Comments On This Site
    : : QBasic
    : : Boards that don't:
    : : VB
    : : jwcsltd
    : : meatte
    : : The last two are obviously private boards, maybe that has something to do with it...
    :
    : Ben Martin :-D
    : programmer
    :
    :
    :