Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

What perhaps is missing.

It was a shock to see the site change. I like the blu-ish white theme.

I feel that I click more. I would say search more, but could appear to mean that I'm familiar with the sight. To get to a Java message board I have to make all too many clicks. And of course this board being located under "other boards" seemed a little confusing.

--

I'd have to say that is just a minor thought. A major thought is the way the boards are displayed. The tools around the message are not distinct (white, like the message itself). Perhaps the reply, bookmark thread, and follow-up sections be placed in a different block wih a different background.

I would also like to see actually threading of the messages - a flat display of information would be great. It seems annoying to have to rely on quoting and clicking to see a response to the original message.

--

But I will not only complain - I offer my help, if needed to thread the messages better.

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, there's a level of more clicking in this design, but that is because I want to make it simpler to find the things and not having 100 different links on the same page as some pages had in the past.

To compensate for these extra clicks, I have introduced for example my favourite boards and my bookmarks to let you get easy access to your favourite section in one place.

I hope that help.

Yes, I know the design on the read messagepage can be improved and it will be done very soon.

A flat messageview is not yet available ,but it will be soon as well.

Please let me know if you got any other requests or ideas. I am here for you and I need your help to make this the best place on the net!

/WEBMASTER

: It was a shock to see the site change. I like the blu-ish white theme.
    :
    : I feel that I click more. I would say search more, but could appear to mean that I'm familiar with the sight. To get to a Java message board I have to make all too many clicks. And of course this board being located under "other boards" seemed a little confusing.
    :
    : --
    :
    : I'd have to say that is just a minor thought. A major thought is the way the boards are displayed. The tools around the message are not distinct (white, like the message itself). Perhaps the reply, bookmark thread, and follow-up sections be placed in a different block wih a different background.
    :
    : I would also like to see actually threading of the messages - a flat display of information would be great. It seems annoying to have to rely on quoting and clicking to see a response to the original message.
    :
    : --
    :
    : But I will not only complain - I offer my help, if needed to thread the messages better.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :