Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Installing/Configuring CD-RW Drives

paladinpaladin Member Posts: 97
I could use some help installing/configuring my Yamaha CD-RW drive. I installed the drive, then reinstalled LINUX after making the hardware change. Apparently, when I loaded the LINUX, it made some configuration changes that seem to make sense. In my device directory command ls -al, I see the following output:
/dev/cdrecorder->/dev/hdd

I think this is telling me that the device file /dev/cdrecorder is appropriate for (i.e. linked or bound to...) my Yamaha which is the hdd device.

None of the literature I read says anything about this device file (cdrecorder). Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks....

Paladin

Comments

• garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    basically /dev/cdrecorder is a link to the device file /dev/hdd which is you cd-r device. when mounting the CD-R / CR-RW you can either mount /dev/hdd or /dev/cdrecorder

From what I can tell there is absolutly no difference. /dev/cdrecorder was added just to make it make it simpler to know what device you are working with.

: I could use some help installing/configuring my Yamaha CD-RW drive. I installed the drive, then reinstalled LINUX after making the hardware change. Apparently, when I loaded the LINUX, it made some configuration changes that seem to make sense. In my device directory command ls -al, I see the following output:
    : /dev/cdrecorder->/dev/hdd
    :
    : I think this is telling me that the device file /dev/cdrecorder is appropriate for (i.e. linked or bound to...) my Yamaha which is the hdd device.
    :
    : None of the literature I read says anything about this device file (cdrecorder). Can anyone shed any light on this?
    :
    : Thanks....
    :
    : Paladin
    :

Ben Martin :-D
    programmer

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_______ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about // Objective-C, PL/SQL, R, Delphi, Swift, PHP, C++, Visual Basic .NET, C, Visual Basic, JavaScript, Scratch, Java, Assembly, Go, Python, MATLAB, Ruby, Perl, C# Transact-SQL, D, Lisp, Alice, ML, Rust, SAS, Fortran, Apex, COBOL, VBScript, Kotlin, Crystal, Scala, ABAP, Dart, Scheme, LabVIEW, Erlang, Clojure, Logo, Julia, Lua, Ada, FoxPro, Awk, Bash, Hack, Prolog, F# // _________