Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ActiveSync connection

I have problem with ActiveSync connection to PocketPC. When I press Get Connected ActiveSync tries to find out PocketPC. That little green light rolls on my desktop and on PocketPC but nothing happens. After about 10 seconds ActiveSync informs that it couldn't make connection but now comes the funny part... When I press Cancel I do get connection!!!

Okay, so now I have somekind of connection. Then I try to start Remote File Viewer from Visual Embedded Tools. Remote File Viewer shows that stupid dialog where it tells that it's trying to 'start server on selected devide' but it doesn't get connection or anything. It just tells me that maybe ActiveSync isn't installed but it is and it has connection! How can I fix this?

Same thing happens when I try to start any other programs (Remote Registry Editor, Process Viewer) or when I build project on Embedded Tools and it tries to copy exe file to PocketPC.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Comments

• CytCyt Posts: 557Member
    : Any help will be most appreciated.

I don't know if this is helpful in any way, but:

I've worked with iPAQs and have had problems every now and then wihh the ActiveSync connection.

Normally, I simply unplug it and plug it. Sometimes, I've had to restart ActiveSync as well, or even reset the iPAQ. I guess that one simply has to live with it :-/

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    : : Any help will be most appreciated.
    :
    : I don't know if this is helpful in any way, but:
    :
    : I've worked with iPAQs and have had problems every now and then wihh the ActiveSync connection.
    :
    : Normally, I simply unplug it and plug it. Sometimes, I've had to restart ActiveSync as well, or even reset the iPAQ. I guess that one simply has to live with it :-/
    :
    :
    :
    :

Oh well, what the hell. Then I just have to reset the machine every time I need a connection :(
  • nikikalnikikal Posts: 1Member
    : : : Any help will be most appreciated.
    : :
    : : I don't know if this is helpful in any way, but:
    : : I've worked with iPAQs and have had problems every now and then wihh the ActiveSync connection.
    : : Normally, I simply unplug it and plug it. Sometimes, I've had to restart ActiveSync as well, or even reset the iPAQ. I guess that one simply has to live with it :-/
    :
    : Oh well, what the hell. Then I just have to reset the machine every time I need a connection :(
    :

The recept for reconnecting with ActiveSync is to restart it when connection is lost - no need to restart the pocket device. Just unplug the device, kill Active Sync, start it again and plug the device again.

To restart ActiveSync, kill this process: "WCESCOMM.EXE", then start it again from Run menu (usually C:Program FilesMicrosoft ActiveSyncWCESCOMM.EXE)

I've used this scheme with iPaq and it always works :)